Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Shoebox Exchange Card by Sylvia Smithberger

Happy Wednesday Bloggers!

Today's card is the shoebox exchange that was taught by Sylvia Smithberger.  This rare little rabbit image is by PSX, and has been a very popular stamp on ebay.  We stamped the rabbit on glossy card stock, then colored the wrap around the rabbit's neck and flowers and leaves on his bottom with Copic markers.  Some of the girls colored in the background behind the rabbit with the green marker.  Those looked really nice too.  We stamped the background with a big flower stamp and green ink on the shimmery green card stock.  Next we placed a piece of gold corrugated card stock on top of the green flower back ground.  Tucked underneath the corrugated piece is some sparkly/twinkly wispy stuff....I'm sorry, I can't remember what it's called.  You can see it at the bottom of the gold card stock.  Then Sylvia had a tiny little folded flap for the inside of the card with a Japanese symbol and saying on it.  Cool card.  Thanks, Sylvia!  

4/23/14 Note:  Sylvia let me know that the twinkly stuff is called "Twinkle Trim"  it's iridescent synthetic strands that added so much to the card.  Thanks, Sylvia!


Thanks for visiting today.  I'll be back later.  Until  next time...





6 comments:

  1. Nice card. Sorry I missed the gathering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcie. Maybe you'll be able to come to the next gathering. It was fun making cards that the other girls had prepared for us. We got to use different supplies, stamps and papers. Lots of fun. :o)

      Delete
  2. gotta love those old PSX stamps !!!! Great card !!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liane...I agree, gotta love the old PSX stamps. PSX is what got me hooked on stamping! Thanks for visiting today! xo

      Delete
  3. I really love this card. I would have never thought to use the Easter basket grass on a card but it adds just that right touch to this card. I see me raiding the Christmas tinsel next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your visit! Sorry I don't know your name, but I do appreciate you stopping by. Love your idea about "raiding the Christmas tinsel." You've got me thinking! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...