Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Happy Birthday Card

Happy Weekend!

Todays card is one I made for mom's birthday.  I used a Stampin' Up flower out of the set called Blooming with Kindness.  crysanthemums are so pretty.  The ink is dark peony by Chalks.  I layered the white card stock, lined with with pink and black card stock and put it all together.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is an oldie but a goody from PSX stamp company. no longer in existence.  But, as I'd mentioned in a previous post, Inkadinkado bought many of the PSX images.  I punched a tiny bird with my Martha Stewart punch and added him to the sentiment.  He fit just perfectly....and since mom likes to watch birds in the summer, I added the little bird.  A gemstone dots the "i", and all done.  I hope you're all having a great weekend.  We are except for the wind, and it's good to know that soon it will be done and that nicer days are on the horizon.   






Close-up of sentiment with punched bird.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be back soon with a new post.  Until next time...




4 comments:

  1. She is going to love it Geri! I love the florals in that amazing shade of pink. I have never heard of that ink, and it looks great. That bird is adorable! I love birds too, and am glad they are returning finally after this hard winter. Happy Birthday to your mom from NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Winnie. The ink pad is by ColorBox and the color is Dark Peony. It is a really pretty pink color, and mom loves bright colors. She loved her card. I like the chalk inks because they dry fairly quickly. Hope you're having good weather. We had little snow flurries this morning, and now the wind has come. Thanks for visiting! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful vibrant colors! I like your layered design too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tracy. She liked her card, so I was glad. Thanks for stopping by to visit. Sending good thoughts your way. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...