Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Africa Leopard


Hi there,

Today's card is one I made for our stamp club swap called "Africa."  I love this leopard stamp.  It's made by Embossing Arts.  They make some beautiful animal stamps.   I embossed the kraft background piece with a Cuttlebug folder.  Added a small piece of chocolate card stock on top of that, and was so lucky to have found some leopard scrapbook paper that went really well with the main image.  Colored the leopard with Copics, and used a Spellbinders die to cut it out.  I distressed the black card stock with a Distrezz-It-All.  If you've been looking for an easy way to distress your edges, try this machine.  It distresses a little deeper than the hand-held version.  I like it because it has a little compartment that catches all the fuzzies...and they're not all over my clothes.  The "Africa" word in the ornate frame is by 7 Gypsies.  I used embossed it with copper embossing powder and cut it out.  I'll be posting the Africa swaps I received soon.   ;o)   On a side note....Marcie Lofgren corrected my name on my card.  She's a leopard.  Marcie's very knowledgeable about African animals, having lived in Africa.  Thanks, Marcie!







Here's another Leopard with darker fur.



Close-up pic.

Thanks for visiting today.  Until next time....



12 comments:

  1. How awesome! Your cheetah is amazing, and the coloring makes me want to touch her fur! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. If I remember correctly, Cheetah have "tears" down the side of their face. This is probably a Leopard. Whatever it is, it's a great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for correcting name to Leopard! I'd love to hear more about your adventures in Africa one of these days. The funny part is I was studying Leopard photos for the coloring, and why I named her a Cheetah when I wrote the blog is beyond me. Brain burp! Anyway, she was fun to color and put together for our Africa swap. Thanks for visiting. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  3. Thanks Winnie! I stand corrected tho...she's a Leopard. Great fun coloring and putting this card together. Thanks for visiting. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Geri...the coloring is perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liane! Now you get to see the finished card. Love coloring images, and this one was definitely good practice for me. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  5. I am honored to have received one! It's a wonderful image and you did such a nice job coloring it.

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, MaryAnn. I really enjoyed doing an Africa swap. It's good to have different themes that we've never done before. Always a challenge and fun! Thanks for visiting today. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow how gorgeous is this. I feel like I could reach out and pet him. Fan coloring Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! It was a fun image to color. Nice using stamps that either haven't seen ink, or that I haven't used in awhile. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Geri, I can't find any contact info for you. I was wondering if I could use these Jaguar cards for samples on my website? We own Embossing Arts. Thanks for your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, I would be honored to have you post my card on your website. I tried to reply to your email, but I don't think it went thru, so am replying to you via my blog. Thanks a million!
      Geri Neumann

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...