Saturday, February 11, 2017

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!



Hello Friends,

A couple of days early, but wanted to wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day.  If I don't get this posted today, I'll miss the big day.

Once in a while I like cards with a lot of white showing.  The colored card stock is almost a periwinkle color, really pretty.  Fun to make cards with other than the usual holiday colors.  The heart is a die cut, as is the "love" and the arrow.  Loved the little arrow with heart on it.  Hubby teaches archery at three different venues in Santa Fe, so I'm always looking for arrows.  He took first place in his divison at the NM State Archery Tournament last weekend!  :o)

I embossed a strip of white card stock with little hearts, for a side accent.  Added pearls to the center of the big heart, and layered all on a square card.  I don't make square cards very often.







Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs, Geri 

12 comments:

  1. Thanks, Diane. Thanks fir stopping by and leaving a comment. 😍😍😍 Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Geri. Thank you for this refreshing card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna....so nice to see your comment on the blog this morning. Thanks fir stopping by. Hugs, Geri. 😍😍😍

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love those dies, and embossing folder.... well, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Morning MaryAnn! Thank you, and I forgot to mention that the heart die is by Cheery Lynn. Love their dies. We toured their company in AZ last fall. I wanted to buy everything! Lol
      Hugs, Geri. 😍😍😍

      Delete
  4. beautiful card - had I not seen this my hubby wouldn't be getting a card on Tuesday! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chanda. I'm glad you saw the blog so that you can make your hubby his card! Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Geri. 😍😍😍

      Delete
  5. Oh wow that's a cool die cut. It really pops with the periwinkle. Congrats to your hubby. Guess there was no worries when he shot his arrow through your heart. LOL Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again! Yes, I loved the periwinkle on the white. I was pretty proud of Randy for getting 1st in his division. He's an awesome archer, and makes all his own long bows out of Osage Orange wood. Wish we had that wood in NM, but sadly, he has to order it. Do you have it in your state? And yes, his arrow definitely pierced me heart the night I met him! Hugs, Geri xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card w/white. While it has little color it really is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Stranger! Nice to see you on the blog. I hope you were able to figure out how to sign up to follow the blog. Let me know if you got it. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...