Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Asian Swap Card by Lydia Carroll



Happy Wednesday Bloggers!

Today's card is the Asian swap card by Lydia Carroll.  Lydia used a really cool embossing folder for the blue background card stock, and it has a couple of koi fish swimming around in the water.  She Brushed the tops of the koi with gold metallic paint and added some shading as well.  

The Geisha is cut out and mounted on top of the cherry blossom background with foam tape.  You can't tell in the photo, but the umbrella and dress has a beautiful shimmery look.  I can't remember what pen Lydia said she used for the shimmer, but I remember it was a cute name.  Lota help I am!  Lydia, if you read this, maybe you can let us know what pen you used, please. The tiny centers of the cherry blossoms are dotted with Stickles for some added sparkle.

The inside of the card has a pretty sheet of paper for a liner.  Thanks, Lydia for a wonderful Asian card!





Thanks so much for visiting today. I'll back soon.  Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. I'll just bet that was a Wink of Stella pen Geri. :-) You did an awesome design job by adding those fun koi on the background. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wink of Stella pens is correct. They have a really fine brush tip for detail and lovely shimmer.
    My favorite new product. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tracy and Lydia!!!! Thank you BOTH for giving us the name of the fabulous pen Lydia used on her Asian card "Wink"....I thought the name was so cute. I'm going to look for those pens....love the shimmer! Have a great week. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card you received! Love the background with the fish and how she appears to be looking down at them. I love Wink of Stella pens. I have a few of them (clear,silver, yellow, pink). I use clear the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Winnie. Yes, Lydia did an awesome job on her Asian card. The background is very cool. I'll be sharing the other Asian swap cards soon. Thanks for visiting. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...