Monday, February 17, 2014

Cosmo Treat Boxes


Hello Bloggers!

A bit late on this posting, but I really wanted to share some little treat boxes I made for the caregivers at the assisted living facility where mom is at.  The Cosmo treat boxes are by Martha Stewart.  I bought them last year, and happened to come across them while I was doing some sorting and thought they'd be so cute to give the caregivers (and two nurses) at the facility.  Let me tell you tho....they were the hardest things to fold that I've ever worked with.  In fact, I ended up going to the dr. because my right hand was so stiff and sore the following day (I know I have some arthritis in my hands..ugh).  Got an Rx, and happy to say, it's better.  My advice....don't do all folding in one day.  Spread it out.  Lol
I stamped various Valentine images around the bottom of the boxes with chalk ink.  Made the little tags with Stampin' Up Too Terrific Tags,  and punched them out with the coordinating punch.  Then I punched out little tiny hearts and glued them on to the tag.  Tied different colored ribbons with tags on to each cosmo box.  The caregivers loved them!  We even got to give one to Father Daniel, from St. Francis Basilica, who came and gave mom communion that day.  He was like a little kid....he loved it.  I wish I could have taken a picture of his expression.  So cute.  The top of the box really does look like a cosmo flower.  Oh, inside the boxes I tucked in individually wrapped Ghirardelli chocolates.     ;o)






Here's the SU tag, stamped with Dark Peony Chalk ink.



Here's a pic of as many as I could fit on a tray to photograph.


I hope you all had a good Valentine's Day.  I'll be back soon.  Until next time...







4 comments:

  1. wow...how many of these did you make????? No wonder your wrist was hurt !!!!!
    Very pretty, hope they appreciated them !!!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liane! Yup....my right hand was sore the next day. I think I have some arthritis in that hand, so the folding didn't help. All better now tho! Great seeing you today! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. Wow, they are so pretty! I can't imagine doing all that folding at once as my fingers would cramp for sure. I had to stop using my cuttlebug as my wrist hated the motion now I press a button on my vagabond! The tops of these are like nothing I have seen before. Must look for them. I am sure the caregivers loved them as I remember all the carefgivers love to receive treats and thank yous when my late MIL was being taken care of. Made me feel good to do it too. Hope your hands are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Winnie, thanks for you comment. I got the little boxes about a year ago, so I hope you can find them, or something similar. We have cosmos in our backyard in the summer....love those flowers. Hands are much better, thank you. Hugs, Geri

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...