Monday, February 10, 2014

Red Sun and Flowers


Hi Bloggers,

Things happening have kept me away from blogging lately.....sorry about that.  The cards in today's post are two cards I made awhile ago.  I'm sorry I don't remember who the stamp maker is, but I want to say maybe Hero made the flowers.   If anyone out there in blogland knows, let me know and I'll get it posted.  The red sun is a bold stamp.  These bold stamps used to be so popular at one time.  I love the look, so I should dig out my bold stamps and play. All images were colored with markers on to the rubber.  Remember when that was really popular and we were buying every color of marker?  On the first card I used darker markers on the flowers, and the bottom card, lighter markers.  Also the sun looks a little softer in the second card.  I like both looks....one a bit bolder, the other a little softer.  Sometimes the simple designs are just what turn out and make such nice cards.  It's hard to see, but the top card has three tiny lavender pearls on the pink strip of card stock on the right hand side.







Love the way the red sun turned out with the bold stamp.




Lighter colored markers were used on this card.


That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time...



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Geri !!!!!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liane. It was so easy too! Thanks for leaving a comment! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. I love the clean design of this card, great idea using the solid stamp for the sun! It's very beautiful! Laveda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Laveda!!!! What a wonderful surprise hearing from you! It's been ages. I hope you and Mark are well. Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Love hearing from you. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  3. Love how you varied the cards just by making one very bold in color and the other softer. I haven't done the coloring directly on stamps in awhile! So pretty! I can't wait for the long weekend to regroup. We are supposed to have yet another snowstorm tomorrow night, so I put in for a vacation day to avoid the stress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Winnie, thanks for your comment. It's fun to see how different cards look when you use different colors. Sometimes it makes quite a difference, other times just a little subtle. Anyway, it's always fun to experiment with different colors. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this card with all of us. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I think that I have a SAM Iris stamp that can help replicate the look. Thanks for the inspiration. Love ya - Lydia
    PS thank you for the wonderful birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydia, yes, I think I know the SAM stamp your taking about. Would love to see your card when you're done! Hope your birthday was wonderful! Geri xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...