Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Winter Wonderland

Hi Blog Friends!

Our stamp group in Santa Fe, called Stamperpalz, has a full year of topics that we use for exchanging ATC's and/or now greeting cards.  I made a card for February.  The topic this month, was Winter Wonderland.  I had a little bit of a problem getting into the winter mood because our weather has been gorgeous.....warm.  Not good for our water supply, nor for the fires that may come soon.  Anyway, here's my card.  I used a Magenta stamp, a Memory Box deer, and what worked out perfectly is the Crystal White embossing powder from Stamp A Mania....love that embossing powder.  I wish you could really see how beautifully it sparkles!  I embossed the background with a Cuttlebug folder and added an organza ribbon and bow.





Here's a closeup of the deer.  I love deer!  ;o)

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be back soon.  Until next time...

Stamp:  Magenta
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Black cardstock, deer is silver moire cardstock
Crystal White embossing powder: www.stampamania.com
Plum organza ribbon

8 comments:

  1. As a very happy recipient of this card in the Stamperpalz trade, I can attest to how beautiful this card is. Do you know what it is like to look out on the beautiful shimmering snow on a full moon? Well this card gives you that feeling. So very beautiful. I will pick up the Crystal White embossing powder from Stamp A Mania at the Albuquerque Stamp Convention in two weeks. I am glad I only have to wait two weeks for the embossing powder. ---- Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia! I spoke with Mark at Stamp A Mania today and told him they'd better bring extra Crystal White embossing power to convention! :o) Hugs, Geri

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Oops....somehow I posted my reply to you twice. I think I deleted the second one. G

      Delete
  2. It was, indeed, a difficult theme for February but everyone rose to the challenge!
    Your card is very beautiful!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MaryAnn! Yes, it was hard getting into the winter mood, but happy with the results. Next month sounds like alot of fun too! Have a great time in AZ next weekend! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  3. What a beauty! Love the frosty look and the deer! Very elegant. I wish I could send you some of the water here as we are expecting 20 inches of snow on Sunday! UGH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Winnie! I just love deer, so had deer in mind for the card. Oh dear....no pun intended....20 inches of snow? That's too much. Good grief, we can't get any and you all get too much. Stay warm and have a safe weekend. Hugs, Geri

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...