Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day Dear Blog Friends!

Today's card is a Valentine card I made for DH (dear hubby) at China Phoenix 2, in Albuquerque.  It's not my usual simple style, but a fun card for a special day.  The Happy Valentine's Day stamp is by PSX, it's been confirmed, so I'm updating the blog info now.  I kept thinking about this stamp, so I dug into my boxes of word stamps, and I have it!  There were about 20 women in the make and take class that day, so it was a very busy room with lots of buzzing around.  Punching different colored hearts, passing around ink pads and stamps, and trying to put it all together in an hour.  I'm slower than slow....so it was definitely a challenge for this slow poke!  When I got home, I decided to make one more heart for my tree.  I punched a kraft colored heart, distressed the tiny edges with Vintage Photo and put our initials on the heart.  

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  xo






Here's a closeup of the initials on the heart.



Inside of card.  
The spot on the card is on our camera lens, not on the card.  :o(



Thanks for stopping by today.  Until next time...Heart Hugs, Geri


5 comments:

  1. love the touch with the intitialed heart !!!! Yep, thats PSX..have it in my stash also !!!!!
    Hugs
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liane. The idea came to me when I was finishing up the card....the initials. Wishing you and Steve a very Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liane...thanks for letting us know it is a PSX stamp....their word stamps have always been some of my very favorites! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card for your hubby, Geri! I love the heart with your initials. Fun touch! Great colors etc. You are better than me, I get stressed in classes and never seem to get done with all the distractions. Last class I wore spray when a "hand talker" sprayed me while yacking away. It was funny and glad I wear old clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Winnie. I know what you mean about being in a class, especially a big class. Honestly, I rarely finish anything in class. And I have a box with still unfinished projects in it! lol Cute story about your "hand talker" in class and it is good you wore old clothes! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...