Friday, October 3, 2014

My Angel has been published in Stamper's Sampler Magazine!

Hi Blog Friends,

I'm excited to let you know that I've been published in Stampington's Stamper's Sampler magazine!  Our group guru, Lydia Carroll coordinated the submissions for the "Angel Template" magazine challenge.  Thank you, Lydia! 

So, grab a cup of coffee or tea, and enjoy looking at the submissions. 

The angel I submitted was named by Stamper's Sampler staff and is called "The Gate Keeper".....love the name.  I'm sure she was given that name because the angel has a set of keys hanging from a gold thread around her waist.  

I used a Hampton Arts stamp for her face, colored with Copics.  Behind her face I glued on a black flower I had in my flower stash.  Her dress is washi paper with gold embossing on it.  For her wings, I used the Tim Holtz wings die, then I ran them thru a Cuttlebug domino embossing folder.  Lightly brushed the top part of the embossed wings with Pumice Stone Distress Ink.  I tied two gold key charms on gold thread and attached those to her waist.   I've never submitted anything to Stamper's Sampler before, so I was quite surprised, but very pleased to find out that my angel made the latest issue.  Again, all thanks to Lydia...our group Angel!

I will also be posting Sue MacGregor's angels.  Sue submitted three angels, and all three are in the magazine.  Congrats, Sue!  


Here's the magazine cover.


The Gate Keeper


They spelled Neumann wrong, but oh well. :o)
Stamper's Sampler staff also re-writes description.  I included additional info that isn't mentioned here. 



Close-up of face



Close-up of key charms



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And now......presenting Sue MacGregor's three published angels!


Sue MacGregor's "In the Pink" Angel



Sue MacGregor's "Crowning Glory" Angel...love her crown!



Sue MacGregor's "Beckoning Light" Angel


That's it for today.  This is the longest post I've ever done.  Thanks so much for taking the time to look at the entire post.  I'll be back soon with something new.  Have a wonderful weekend!











  

10 comments:

  1. WOOHOO..congratulations to both you and Sue
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liane. I'm sure Sue's pretty excited as well. Thanks for visiting today and for leaving a comment! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. I saw these Angels and they are even more wonderful in real life!
    Congratulations Geri and Sue.... so proud of you! And, thanks to Lydia for coordinating the submission.

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MaryAnn. I hope Sue sees the blog today. I know you've been swamped getting ready for your next show, so thanks for taking the time to stop by to visit and for leaving a comment!
      Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  3. YAY!!!! Congratulations Geri! That's a very fancy schmancy magazine to me so you should be super proud of your accomplishment. I'm so happy for you! The washi paper and the embossing on the wings look amazing. Very artsy. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tracy. Thanks to our fearless leader, Lydia, I got into the challenge. It's the first challenge I've taken part in, so was super excited when it was published. Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment. On my way to your blog now! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Geri! My comment must have been lost yesterday! I am so excited for you. I never submitted anything for publication, and love that you have a great group to encourage and support each other. Sounds wonderful. Your angel is amazing! I love the use of the Tim Holtz wings! (you know how I love his stuff!! Addiction for me!!). Love your use of the embossing on the wings! I will comment from my computer from now on, the iPhone and me have issues! Not sure that Suri likes me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Winnie. So happy that you stopped by today. We do have a great group that is supportive and fun to be with. I'm a lucky girl! Wish you could join us one of these days....maybe you can take the Lear Jet to Santa Fe sometime! Wouldn't that be fun? We'd love to have you. Oh, don't feel bad, Suri doesn't pay attention to me either. lol Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations my dear friend. This is beautiful. You are so talented. I love the design and I'm with you on the name...it is a perfect fit. I would love to see the process in action some day. Can't wait until the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Diane -- for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment. I should be posting something new today or tomorrow. I have a copy of the magazine, so will show it to you over coffee sometime! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...