Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ms. Snottie - A Goth theme


Hi Blog Friends!

So our stamp group decided that for October our theme would  be "Goth."  Well, I had one stamp that I bought a very long time ago that I thought would work for Goth.  Her name is Ms. Snottie!  The name is on the wood block by Stampotique.  LOL  Anyway, I stamped her, colored her with a very light skin color....that is Goth-like, right?  Embossed a flourish above her head with silver embossing powder, and stamped some swirly designs at the bottom of the card.  Added a few dots too.  It's kinda hard to see, but I added a tiny flower to the bottom left hand corner, and covered it with tulle.  Her face is also covered with tulle netting.  The backgound stamp of twigs and birds is by Penny Black.  Embossed the bottom black piece with a Cuttlebug folder.  This one was a challenge for me because I'd never done a Goth theme before.  I added a strip of rhinestones under the main image (you can see them better in the bottom pic).  To me...she's spooky..I think her name should be Ms. Spooky!  






Closeup of tulle netting over face and flower.  By the way, I added the black blog background (say that three times...lol) to add to the Goth theme.  :o)


Thanks for stopping in today.   Have a wonderful weekend!  I'll be back soon. 


6 comments:

  1. LOL Ms. Snottie huh? What a name! I agree, Ms. Spooky would be better. I don't think I've ever done a Goth card. I really like how you've used the tulle and the background adds lots of eeriness to the card. Great job Geri!
    P.S. Thanks for your little note. I am doing great! Hope you are too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ms. Snottie, named by the stamp co. Stampotique! LOL So funny...a little spooky looking too. Not my regular image for sure. She does make a good Goth card tho. Thanks for stopping by to visit! Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. Geri I think the background stamp you used is great, I have it. I would have never thought that there was anything goth about it but you did and made it work. Beautiful card. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lydia. Once I got going on it, I thought about the background stamp that had not yet seen ink, so pulled it out and was happy with the outcome. Thanks so much for visiting! Have a good weekend. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is awesome Geri! Very cool and Goth! Perfect for this the time of year. Isn't it fun to make something totally different than you usually do? Love that image, A face only a mother could love. Have a fabulous Halloween! Alan is performing Frankenstein on Saturday (he is playing Dr. Frankenstein!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Winnie. Haha....your comment made me laugh out loud .. "a face only a mother could love." So true...can you imagine what her mother looks like? Eeek! lol Oh my...wish we could see the play that Alan is in. It sounds like soooo much fun! Keep me posted on how it goes. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...