Monday, October 13, 2014

Piper's Paper Wings Blog is 2 Years Old Today!



Hi Blog Friends!

Today my blog is two years old!  Happy two-year Birthday!  So, in honor of celebrating the blog's birthday, I thought it would be appropriate to post a birthday card.  Actually, this card went to our daughter-in-law, Yvette for her special day.  

The image is by Stamping Bella.  She has wonderful whimsical stamps.   I colored the birthday girl with Copics, and used a Spellbinder's die around the image.  The Happy Birthday die cut is from Sizzix.  Flowers are from my stash, and the greenery behind the flowers is a Martha Stewart punch.  I used another daisy-looking flower punch to place a little white flower in the middle of the pink flowers.   Stickles on the bottom hem of the dress and on her headband.  I borrowed the polka dot idea from my friend an fellow blogger Tracy.....thanks Tracy!!!  Love the polk dots.  I can tell you, I had so much fun making this card.  

Thanks to all of you who follow Piper's Paper Wings!  I very much appreciate those of you who have signed up to follow my blog, and a special thanks goes out to all of you who leave comments.  I can't tell you how much it means to bloggers.  I've had many many conversations with blog friends, and all of us agree....comments are the best.  Thanks!  xo















Signing off for today.  Thanks for stopping by to visit on our 2-year birthday!    

                                        Big hugs, Geri  xo


8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday.......sweet card !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liane! I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Time is flying by at light speed. Thanks for stopping by today. See you soon! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. WOW! I can't believe it! Happy 2 years! I don't always keep up with the latest postings but, when I do, I really enjoy seeing your work. This Birthday Card is so wonderful!

    Happy Day,
    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting today, MaryAnn. I can't believe it either....2 years. It's gone by so quickly. Whew.....where are they days going? Come back soon! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Geri: I am so glad making my birthday card made you happy! We love all of the special cards we receive from you & enjoy them immensely! We feel very blessed - big HUG, Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yvette! Thanks so much for stopping by. Glad you got to see your card on the blog's 2nd anniversary. And really nice to know you guys like the cards we send. Fun making special cards for special people. ;o) Come back again...loved logging on and seeing your message. Hugs, Geri xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Geri girl you did an uh-mazing job on her. Warning!--those polka dots are addictive. LOL Such a pretty layout with the added blooms. YAY!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, you have been an inspiration for sure! Yeah, I can see where the polka dots could be addictive. So fun, and so fast to do. :o) Thanks for visiting today and for commenting. Big Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...