Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween...a bit late

Hello Blog Friends!

A tad late, but you all know how life gets in the way sometimes, and this time.....I'm getting to my blog a day late.  Remember I said blog lag time from actually typing it all in and uploading pics is about 12 hrs turn around time?  I stand corrected...it's about 24 hours!  I have no idea why it takes so long, but that's the way it is.  I should explain a little more...."followers" receive the "new posting" the next day.  Now, if you log on to the blog, you're able to see the latest without waiting for the new posting email to arrive.  I hope this makes sense.  :o)   

Anyway, on to the card.  I'd mentioned that my friend Liane, had sent me the adorable die cuts from a Tim Holtz border/strip die.  I used the die cuts to make my ATC swaps for October, and wanted to make a Halloween card with one.  The stamp in the back ground...circles of dots is by Judkins.  I stamped the dots in orange and purple using Distress Inks.  The spider web in the top right hand corner is by Martha Stewart.  I found the orange burlap at Hobby Lobby.  The base purple embossed sheet was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  In the third pic you can really see the skeleton and bones...love that folder.  Spooky!  I used tiny star brads on the corners, and originally they were a brass color, so colored them black with a Sharpie pen.   









That's it for today. Off to see mom in the nursing home where she's getting physical therapy, and hopefully getting stronger each day.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Until next time...



7 comments:

  1. LOVE this card.....have it on dosplay on the Mantle since i was the lucky recipient. Thank you friend !!!!!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You were so sweet to send a RAK of die cuts that inspired me to make this card! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love it! The color combination is perfect and the brads look great colored with a sharpie marker!!
    I'm going to have to look for that embossing folder!
    I'm bummed that I didn't make a single Halloween card this year so it's nice to see your creation!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to confess...it's the only Halloween card I made this year. Never enough time. There's always next year tho! Gotta think positive. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  3. So adorable! Love the background you created! I am now wanting to get that TH die. He is my favorite crafter, and seeing this really makes me want to put it on my wish list! Hope your mom's road to recovery is a smooth one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Winnie! I was so fortunate to receive the die cuts from a friend. Thanks for your note on mom's recovery. It's going very slow. We'll see how it goes. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, next year! I have so many Halloween stamps that go unused! So, I should make my Halloween cards in August so I can start my Christmas Cards at Halloween!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...