Sunday, November 17, 2013

A True Friend......


Hello Blog Friends,

Just got home for a sandwich break from the nursing home.  I hate to admit it, but I've hardly cooked a meal since mom entered the nursing home.  I don't think we've ever been through anything this difficult.  We take it one day at a time.  Doing the best we can.  

I wanted to mention to you all....if you have the opportunity to see the movie "Nebraska" with Bruce Dern, go see it.  It's really good. One of my part-time jobs is screening movies for five movie studios here in Santa Fe.  The recession took it's toll on the number of screenings, so I was pleasantly surprised when Paramount Studios called and asked me to screen Nebraska.  The audience gave Nebraska an "excellent" rating.  I understand distribution is limited, so if you're lucky enough for it to come to a theater near you, try to see it.  You won't be disappointed.  

I'm digging deep into my old cards to find something to post.  Made this a while back, and found it in my photos file.  It was a pretty fast card, no coloring.  A piece of black and white scrapbook paper for the base background on red card stock.  Rounded the corners on the chandelier sheet, added a red and white grosgrain ribbon with bow on the bottom, and then added some red rhinestones to the chandelier.  Backed the sentiment with red card stock.  Easy peasy. 










I[m hoping that hubby will be able to take some pictures of a few new cards that are gathering dust.  We haven't been home much, and the times we are here, it's been too dark and cloudy to take pictures.  We'll get to them soon tho.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Until next time.....

"I'm so busy I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...