Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Southwest Storyteller

Hello Blog Friends!

According to the weather on TV this morning, Santa Fe is in for a big snow storm that's supposed to last thru the weekend.  We shall see.  We definitely need the snow pack for the water shed, but I don't venture out much when the weather is bad and roads are icy and snow packed.  Maybe I'll get to stay home and get some things done at home that I've neglected lately.  That would be a good thing.

Today's card is an image by Stamp A Mania (SAM).  This little Native American Storyteller is one of my very favorite stamps.  Isn't she great?  I colored her with Copics.  The feather behind the Storyteller is also by SAM as well as the Southwestern border.  I will list the stamps with numbers at the bottom of this post.  SAM also produces their fabulous "Chunks of Turquoise" that are packaged in a jar.  There are many sizes and shapes, and I found a perfect stone for her necklace.  I've used these little gems on a number of cards and books and people love them.  I placed a metal embellishment in the center of each square in the southwestern border.

I'm still digging into my photo file,  and I'm sorry....only one pic of the storyteller.  You can click on the picture to enlarge it for a better view.


Thanks for stopping by today.  As soon as the sun is out again, we'll be taking pics of new cards.  Wanted to get it done today, but it's really cloudy.  Until next time......

"I'm so busy I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse"

Supplies:
Stamps by:  Stamp A Mania - www.stampamania.com
Storyteller, Lg.  MR1106-K wood mounted
Storyteller, Lg.  MR1106-K-U cling unmounted
Southwestern Border, MR714-F wood mounted
Southwestern Border, MR714-F-U cling mounted
Michelle's Feather, Lg. MR1506-H wood mounted
Michelle's Feather, Lg. MR1506-H-U cling mounted
Chunks of Turquoise (no number, just name)
Copic markers
Embellishments by Making Memories, Antique Copper


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Geri !!!!!! Keep warm this weekend !
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...this is one of my favorite cards so far! Must have taken quite a bit of time to color!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I can't remember if it took much time to color. It's one in my old pic file. I think this one ended up being mailed to Stamp A Mania for their display boards at conventions. ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...