Friday, November 8, 2013

Chalkboard Happy Birthday



Hello Blog Friends!

I hope you're having a good weekend.  Our weather has been gorgeous, so we are really enjoying the mild weather before we get the cold snap predicted for next weekend.  Today's card is a chalkboard Happy Birthday greeting embossed with Glacier White Embossing Powder by Stamp A Mania.  The background was run thru a dotted design embossing folder.  I  made this card a while back and can't remember if the flower and leaves is a die or if it was a stamp, and cut in layers. And I'm now wondering if I made this card in a class because I don't think I have that flower.  When I found the pics of this card today, I sure wish I could find the flower because I really like it.  If anyone out there in blogland knows who makes the flower, I'd really like to know.  :o)   I used green and white twine wrapped around card behind the flower.  A little red pearl embellishment is glued in the center of the flower.  I like the red, black and kraft colors together.









That is for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Until next time.....













6 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love your use of the chalkboard technique! Love red/black/tan together! Glad you are enjoying lovely weather there. It got cool here in NYC but it is the normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Winnie! It was a fun card to make. Hope you're having a good Sunday! Hugs, G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I've only made one card using the chalkboard technique but really liked it.
    I love how both the flower and background have dots. Could the flower be one of Heartfelt Creations coordinating stamps and dies?

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MaryAnn, Thank you. I'm pretty sure I made this card in a class awhile ago, so I don't have the flower stamp. I do have the Happy Birthday stamp tho, and found it last night. It's by Inkadinkado. I have no clue on the flower. That'll teach me to write things down when I take a class. I wish I could remember "where" I took the class, then I could contact the teacher. If anyone ever solves the flower mystery, please let me know and I'll post it on the blog. :o)

      Delete
  4. Since I don't see a note about it.... I'll post for you. Geri found the maker of the flower stamp... It's a Hero Arts Stamp! Really cute!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, sorry Bloggers, here's the name of the stamp: THREE DOTTED FLOWERS by Hero Arts. I've been really busy and preoccupied, so am just getting to this today. Thanks for your patience! And thank you MaryAnn for posting the stamp manufacturer. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...