Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wishing I was here.........


Hi Blog Friends!

I was looking through blog pics this morning and came across this card and thought "gee, I wish I was there instead of looking at 6" of fresh fallen snow this morning.  Actually, the snow is beautiful.  What I'm not too nuts about is the temperature.  It was 17 degrees when I got up, and now it's up to a balmy 22 degrees.  I'm not a cold weather girl.  Oh well, we need snow for our water supply next summer, so I'll be quiet about the cold now.

Today's card is stamped with Stampscapes stamps.  Love these stamps.  If you're not familiar with Stampscapes stamps, you build a scene with the stamps.  I think I used five different stamps here.  The background was brayered with a Kaleidacolor Riviera ink pad.  Mark (Stamp A Mania rubber stamp company owner) and I have an ongoing joke about brayering.  Mark likes to tease me and calls it the "dreaded brayering technique."  I have a love/hate relationship with brayering.  If you've ever brayered, you can relate.  Sometimes the background are gorgeous, sometimes not.  I'm too particular about brayering, and need to relax a bit.  I'm not fond of streaky brayering.  See....too picky!  lol  Anyway, you get the idea.  







Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you all are staying warm wherever you are.  If you're in Hawaii, I'm jealous!  Until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...