Thursday, December 12, 2013

Artist Inspired ATC

Hi Blog Friends!

Last month, our stamp group decided that the ATC theme for November would be an "Artist Inspired" ATC ...actually, I think have the title wrong, but it was something like that.  We were to pick an artist who we admire and make our ATC.  I chose Georgia O'Keeffe, in case you haven't guessed.

I really don't have a favorite artist, but thought this would reflect some O'Keeffe inspiration.  I do love the simple lines and colors that O'Keeffe painted.  They're right up my alley.  Let me tell you...the antlers were a little tricky to cut out.  Had to have them tho.  :o)  And since I love orange poppies, it was a fun color to do.

Both the antlers and the orange poppy are cut out.  Kraft paper is the base background, distressed the edges and then added darker distressing with Vintage Photo by Ranger.  Colored with Copics.  The center of the flower is Liquid Pearls.  I'll list all supplies at the end of this post.  December's ATC theme is "Tim Holtz" so I'll post that one soon.









Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Until next time.......

Deer Antlers:  Stampabilities
Poppy:  Hero Arts
Copic markers
Liquid Pearls, Onyx Pearl
Ranger Vintage Photo
Kraft card stock
Black card stock

4 comments:

  1. VERY NICEE, love the Poppy
    Keep warm
    Liane L0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Liane! We have some really good themes for 2014, so whatever I make for the ATC swaps, I'll be posting. Hope to do all 12 next year, but you know how life sometimes get in the way. Hope you are almost ready for Christmas! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty ATC! I have never tried one. I don't know why, I am thinking it is the size. Your poppies turned out amazing and the intricate antlers are great. You are great at fussy cutting. O'Keefe did amazing work, I loved her Irises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Winnie. I too like the simple lines and art by Georgia O'Keeffe. Hubby was fortunate enough way back when he was working construction to have befriended Georgia's long time companion, Juan Hamilton. While Randy was working at the O'Keefee estate here in Santa Fe, Juan gave him a tour of the place and every once in awhile, he'd catch Ms O'Keeffe outside enjoying the NM sun. Here's an interesting tidbit.....when Ms O'Keeffe came outside, all work that was going on was to stop so that she could enjoy the peace and quiet outdoors! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...