Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Little Thank You Card



Hi Blog Friends,

Here's a card I made with different widths of card stock strips.  I'm such a paper hoarder, and especially keep papers that I can't find anymore.  I especially like the metallic moire card stock.  Used to be able to buy it at the former Xpedx in Albuquerque, but then they stopped carrying the really nice card stock.  Now it's a different store (still a paper supply store tho), but even less selections of card making card stock.  Anyway, one day I put some colors together and made a few cards.  Really fun to make and you get to use those precious metallic strips! You can see the gold moire strip upper left hand corner.  One of my faves!  Add your sentiment, a little bling, and you're all done.  Now you know what to do with those little strips of card stock you've been hoarding!  Lol





Thanks for stopping in today.  Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Great papers you put together! A crafter like me who saves their favorite paper scraps. I have never made a card like yours, but will give it a shot. I normally line my strips up in fun patterns and apply to cardstock and die cut shapes from them. There are not many gold papers out there that I like, so it is sad you can't find anymore of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Winnie. Yes, do try this when you have time. It's fun and a great way to use those skinny strips of paper. I'd love to see a pic of how you use your strips and die cut. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip but I just recently stopped hording my strips. I am trying to purge the horded supplies in my craft room over the next week while my new craft desk and shelves are in transit. I actually thought this was a good start until I saw your post, then Winnie types up what she does with her strips. Oh my. I am going to the craft room right now to see if I have any my valentine strips left and use them on a heart die cut. Thanks for the inspiration ladies. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have purged many many many strips of paper, so don't fret. Before you know it, you'll have a whole new stack of them! Oooooo....new craft desk and shelves sound fabulous! I'm jealous. I would love to have a big ole space for my crafting. Thanks for your comments. Geri xo

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...