Saturday, January 25, 2014

Do you remember PSX stamps?

Hi Blog Friends,

Here's an Asian image by the former PSX stamp company.  I'm pretty sure that Inkadinkado bought PSX, or at least bought some of their images.  PSX made some great images for sure.  Thinking back, I'm sure it was PSX I found at a tiny craft show in Albuquerque, one weekend, and when I discovered the world of "embossing" (the girl who was selling PSX stamps was demonstrating embossing powders).....well, I was hooked.  I thought the beautiful gold and silver embossing powders were magic!   :o)   After buying a couple of stamps, embossing powders and a heat tool, I was on my way!  Anyway, here's the Asian image done in pinks, orange and a touch of yellow.  I think the "thank you" stamp might be from Stampendous.  Although you can't see it in photo, the piece with the stamped images is embossed with clear embossing powder (the whole sheet).  








Here's a closeup of the cherry blossoms embossing folder by Cuttlebug used on the background.  Holey moley, this picture of the pink background almost looks fluorescent, but the actual color is like the top picture.  


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you're having a great weekend.  I'll be back later.  Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Wrote a comment but it didn't appear so am writing another one.

    Love the bright and cheerful color choice.
    I have that Brushstroke Thank You stamp and, yes, it is from Stampendous.

    MaryAnn

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, MaryAnn. Also, thanks for letting us know that the Thank You stamp is Stampendous. They too, have some great stamps. I'm thinking we must have done the clear embossing technique over an entire image when there was still a Los Alamos stamp club. Sure do miss that club! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So striking! I love the color combo together! Makes you happy! The lovely stamps are awesome. I remember that company for their florals. Now some of the old ones go for a pretty penny I understand. Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Winnie. You woulddn't think those colors would work well together, but on this card they did. Yes, I too have seen some of the PSX floral stamps sell for big bucks. I'm lucky enough to have a few of them. I should dig 'em out and use them! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...