Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Up Up and Away.....with Dorothy & Toto

Hello Blog Friends!

Today's post is a card I made with a Stampendous stamp.  It's Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz with her little buddy, Toto flying in a hot air ballon.  My daughter-in-law suggested the "yellow umbrella and green dress."  It sounded like a pretty combination, so here it is.  I fell in love with this image the moment I spotted it. Don't you just love Toto's goggles?  I do!  So much fun to color too.  Scrapbook paper was used on the background, and I die cut the leaves from a Spellbinder die.  I added three tiny rhinestones on the leaves for a touch of bling.  Also, a touch of Stickles glitter glue on the lacey top of the dress, a spot on her cameo-like pin, and a tiny bit on her hair ribbons.  






You can see the glittler glue on the lacey top of her dress and hair ribbons a little better in this pic




Here's a better pic of the gems on the leaves

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'll be back with another version of Dorothy and Toto soon.  Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. Looks great. I have the same stamp and you have inspired me to put ink to the rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marcie. It was a fun image to color. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous that I don't have this stamp. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydia, I can stamp off some images for you if you'd like.....just let me know. :o) G

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...