Sunday, September 29, 2013

Stamp A Mania Red Sky

Hello Blog Friends!

Watching our beautiful New Mexico sunsets, reminded me I had this card in my stash.  I hadn't quite finished it, so I dug it out and got it done.  All images are by Stamp A Mania, and you can find them at www.stampamania.com   I had the pleasure of making the card with the owner of Stamp A Mania, Cynthia Stansell.  Of course, her other half is Mark, who I fondly call the "Big Kahuna."  :o)    Cynthia and Mark came to Santa Fe, and held classes and a trunk show at Guadalupe Fun Rubber Stamp store a while back.  Cynthia's classes are always so darn much fun, and we laugh and giggle till our cheeks and sides hurt...besides learning so many cool stamping projects.   Hopefully, Ms. Cynthia will be back soon to teach more classes in Santa Fe, and a truck show to boot would be great!  That's a hint you two.






Now for the card info.  Aren't the colors gorgeous?  I just love reddish orange colors.  The ink pad used  on this card is Kaleidacolor Desert Heat.   The "Big Kahuna" gives me heck about the brayering technique.  Cynthia is beyond expert level at brayering, and I'm sad to say....I'm not.  Getting better tho!  I confess, I'm pretty darn happy with the brayering on this particular card.  Yahoo!  The yuccas were stamped with Brilliance Rich Cocoa (I think).  Cynthia, if you read this post and I'm wrong, please let me know and we'll get it posted on the blog.  The Happy Birthday was stamped with another Brilliance ink, and I think that is a silver ink pad.  Of course, you first stamp the mountain range in the background with Versamark, then brayer over that. You can get all the stamps and supplies at Stamp A Mania.  I added a bit of Stickles to the yucca blossoms for a little pizzazz.  

That's it for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'll be back soon....until next time....

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy "resist" technique! So many ways to use it!
    Happy Day,
    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MaryAnn. It's an oldie, but a goodie. :o)

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...