Sunday, September 22, 2013

Beautiful Japanese Geisha in Magenta


Hi Blog Friends!

Happy Autumn Equinox!  I wanted to thank my bloggers from around the world for visiting.  I've noticed I'm getting lots of hits from Germany, Italy, Russia, Budapest, United Kingdom, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China and Armenia!  Wow.....welcome and "Thank You" for visiting Piper's Paper Wings blog.  I'm honored that you pop in to see what's new.    

Can you believe how quickly this year is going by?  I'm sure not ready for snow, but I'm loving the autumn weather in Santa Fe, now that the monsoon season is over.  Today I'm posting a beautiful Geisha I fell in love with years ago.  She's by Stampington.  Isn't she gorgeous?  She's colored with Copics, and there's tiny sprinkles of Stickles in the flowers in her hair.  On The left side panel, I used some washi paper with gold metallic Japanese calligraphy on it.  Our grandson has been taking Japanese in school, and this is his 5th year of Japanese at Monte de Sol.  He was fortunate enough to take a trip to Japan this year with his Japanese class.  They were there for two weeks, and he spent one week with a host family.  What a wonderful opportunity for him.  We were very happy when he was back home.  :o)  








Stickles on flowers in hair.








Thanks for stopping in today.  I hope the weather in your part of the world is as nice as ours and that you're having a wonderful autumn.  Until next time......














2 comments:

  1. Love that Image and the coloring is beautiful !!!
    Did you get any of that storm that went through here last night???
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Liane! She's one of my favorite images by Stampington. Yes, we got quite a lightening show last night. Lots of leaves have fallen off our trees now. I'm not ready for cold weather!

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...