Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ride 'em Pony

Happy Father's Day to my Blog Dads!

Today's post is the other Sizzix die cut I promised to share.  I just love horses, and this guy fits the bill for those little cowboys or cowgirls out there.  If you look closely, you can see his crooked little smile!  It doesn't show up well in the picture.  

I used a Tim Holtz die for the gold background die cut.  It wasn't wide enough, so I split it down the middle and added the red strip of cardstock in the middle.  Worked great....so keep that in mind when your die cut isn't quite wide enough.  :o)   The horse has a number of pieces, but was really easy to put together.  I cut his handkerchief out of red bandana scrapbook paper.  The background wood grain paper is some I've had in my paper stash forever.  





That's it for today.  I wish all you Dad's a wonderful day!  Until next time.





2 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute... and very clever way to stretch the label layer!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was happy with the way it turned out. Really wanted to use the gold die cut behind the pony, so glad it worked! You bought this die, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...