Friday, June 28, 2013

I'm baaaaaack! and a card for Cheryl to share......

Hi Blog Friends!

Oh my gosh, first let me apologize for not blogging for a while.  Our computer crashed....big time, and I had no way of letting you all know that I would not be blogging until we got a new computer.  Argh!  Well after looking and doing lots research, we finally made the decision to go with a Mac.  Be patient, as I'm still learning how to use this beast.  lol  It's good to have a computer again!  I have to  admit tho, I got lots more done without a computer calling my name throughout the day.  :o)

Today's post is a lovely mermaid I made for a friend, Cheryl Valadez, who is a fabulous Copic artist.  Cheryl's friend, Shay (another fabulous paper artist), hosted a surprise birthday party for Cheryl.  This is the card I made for her party.  The card along with a bottle of Absolut Vanilla Vodka (we found out that's one of Cheryl's faves) were Cheryl's gifts.  She was really surprised when she came thru the front door, saw everyone and heard "Surprise!!!" It was a very fun evening with great company, yummy food and good conversation.  Here's the mermaid.........





The image is by Meer Images.  I don't remember if I used alcohol markers or colored pencil.  I added some bling to her tail to finish her off. Mermaids like bling too....lol.  Oh, and a punch was used on the left side.  I believe it's a Martha punch.  That's it for today.  When hubby has time, he'll walk me thru another blog tut, until I get the hang of the new steps used on this computer.  Until next time, try and stay cool in this heat.  Hope it rains soon.  :o)  


  







4 comments:

  1. Lovely Mermaid Card, welcome back into the Computer world !!!!!
    Stay cool and pray for some rain !!!
    Hugs
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful artful card!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks....I did it a while back and can't remember if I used alcohol markers or colored pencils. I need to keep a log on things like that.

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...