Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Patrick's Birthday Card

Hi Blog Friends!

Here's the BD card I promised to post.  It's for our son, Patrick.  I used the Tim Holtz die called Old Jalopy.  The papers are also by Tim.....along with the gear embellishments.  I wondered if I'd really like the die when I bought it, and I do!  I was trying to figure out what kind of card to make for Patrick, and when I saw the car die, I thought I'd give it a try.  I sent our son a text and asked him for the licence number on his truck.  He sent it to me, and asked why I needed it.  My response was "because we're going to buy you a Mercedes."  His response was "whoo hoo!!!" I'm sorry to say I don't think the old jalopy is anything close to a Mercedes, but he can dream.   Patrick is the Assistant Director at NM Game & Fish.  You'll notice the GF on the license plate.  :o)










The film strip is also by Tim.  I guess this is a total Tim card.  lol  It was a fun one to make.  My hubby really likes the jalopy, so I may have to make him a card.  If I do, I'll post it.  That's it for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Great.....fun....."GUY" Card !!!!!

    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Had a hard time figuring out what to do with that die cut. Still haven't used the suitcase -- it's just to big.

    Your idea for copic refill storage is a good one. Currently I'm just using plastic containers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I too wondered what I'd do with the die, and I really liked it after playing with it for a bit. Makes a good guy card. :o)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool card, Geri. I'll bet Pat loved it. It's a great mascline card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. First time I used the die. Wondered how it would turn out. :o)

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...