Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Friend Loves at All Times



Happy Valentine's Day Blog Friends!  Today I'm sharing a card that has a bit of Valentine flavor to it.  See the little red hearts on the sign?  :o)   The image is colored with Sprectrum Noir markers.  All stamps are by Stamp A Mania.   The pot is Mimbres Pot MR1204-G.  I also used Old Sign MR3005-H, with the sentiment Proverbs 17-17 MH7105-F.   I love this sentiment because it's so true.  True friends love at all times, they just accept you for your goofy self, and are always there for you, no matter what.  There are so many great friend sentiments, and there's another one I love that ends with "and helps me remember the words when I forget them."  I'm thankful for my friends.  For the wings, I stamped the Mimbres Angel SF6522-L, and cut out the wings.  I cut the back top of the pot and stuck the sign post into the pot.  Foam tape was used to give the pot and sign some dimension.














I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day and hope you do something special!  Thanks for stopping in today.




4 comments:

  1. very clever.....nice card....keep warm....cuddle for Valentines Day !!!!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geri, Love, love,love your blog. Could you talk about the Noir Spectrum and the similarities/differences to Copic. If you can not do that on the blog, could you send me a private email about it? Thanks Karen ksfortson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question, Karen. Both Spectrum's and Copic's are alcohol markers. They blend well together. Spectrum is a much more affordable marker. I love the small end tip on the Spectrum because I can control it better than the softer brush tip on the Copic markers. Of course, everyone has different preferences. I can color faster with the Sprectum's. When I'm doing multiples, that makes a difference. You can buy the ink refills for the Spectrum's just like the Copic's. I just checked the Stamp A Mania (SAM)website to find the price, and they're on sale! The sale price is $11.95 for a set of six markers. There is also a blender pen, that I always say should be called an "eraser." Blenders remove ink. If you've every used Copic's you'll understand. You can check Spectrum's out at www.stampamania.com Great price! There's also a video on their website. Take a look see. SAM will be at stamp convention with all their markers. I love both the Spectrum and Copic markers. I use them both all the time. Of course, I only use Spectrum when I'm doing work for Stamp A Mania. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Have a great day, and thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...