Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Botanical Countess

Hi Friends,

I hope you had a good Labor Day weekend.  Ours was very quiet, and still trying to get over colds.  I managed to pass it on to DH (dear hubby).  Ugh....
Anyway, hope you all are healthy and having an awesome week.  

Today's card is a stamp called Botanical Countess by Sandra Evertson, Stampington Co.  She was a fun image to color.  Embossed the background card stock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The metallic piece to the left of the card behind the image is a technique called polish stone.  Made some sheets years ago, and came across them the other day so made a card with one of the pieces.  It's a really cool technique, although I can't remember who taught this particular class.  Lots of fun tho.  Added four brads to the corners, and finished up the card.   







Here's a close-up of the polished stone piece of paper in the background.  Love that stuff.  It's prettier in person.  ;o)

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Have a great week! 


3 comments:

  1. I forgot all about that neat technique - polished stone - I really like how you used it for a layer. Also, this is a great stamp Image. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chanda. It was a really cool project...making the sheets of polished stone. I wish we could do that again. The sheets turned out so nice, and the metallic sheen is gorgeous. I really haven't seen paper like this that I can buy. Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. That paper is totally cool! It really does match perfectly with your image. The image makes me keep thinking of Mardi Gras. LOL Hope you're feeling much better now. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...