Saturday, September 6, 2014

You're My Type of Friend



Hello Friends!

I hope you're weekend is going well.  We're having beautiful weather, and just a little bit of a breeze.  Today's post is an image by Hero Arts.  I thought the old typewriter was so cute.  The set comes with three different sentiments, and this one is my personal fave.  The background paper is scrapbook paper out of my paper stash.  Layered the scrapbook paper on to red card stock, and the base card is kraft color.  I used a black braid trim along the left side of the image, and the border punch on the bottom is by Martha Stewart.  Love her punches.  Punched out three little hearts and added them to finish off the card.  Oh, and some red bling on the typewriter ribbon spools. 






Here's a close-up of the red bling.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  I'll be back soon.  Until next time...


4 comments:

  1. Can't say that I miss having to change ribbons on those old type writers, but at least all those classes made me a pretty good typist. LOL The image is fun and nostalgic Geri. Makes a really cute friend card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, I hear ya on the changing the old typewriter ribbons. Ugh. Computers are so much nicer! lol And I agree with you on the old dinosaurs making us good typist. The girls at the college where I worked used to tease me about "smoke" coming out of my typewriter. lol Thanks for visiting! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. Oh, I have that set! I love your card! I started working on a typewriter like that! I used to type checks using carbons (gosh, dating myself!!) Alan has one on display in his room upstairs where he does his rehearsals and theatre stuff. I don't miss the ribbons either. Such fun details you added to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Winnie! Oh gosh, I too remember using carbon paper. lol What a pain, especially if you made a typo and had multiple sheets of paper. Ugh Don't miss that at all. That is so cool that Alan has an old typewriter. What a treasure. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...