Saturday, October 5, 2013

Tiptoeing Thru the Tulips



Happy Weekend Blog Friends!

I had this card in my little stash of unfinished cards.  I had purchased some Liquid Pearls awhile back and thought it would be fun to try something different with the LP.   The basic technique is one that we did at Los Alamos Stamp Club when it was still in existence.  Sad to say, it is no more.  Sure do miss that stamp club, as it was a lot of fun, nice ladies and I always learned something at club.  The background is stamped with a Magenta flower and silver Brilliance ink, then you color the tulip stamp with markers and stamp on top of the background.  Bold stamps seem to work best.  You can't see it in the pics, but the background is really shimmery...the silver Brilliance ink.  I outlined the tulips with the Liquid Pearls.  Love the way it turned out.   :o)










I hope you're having a good weekend.  It's pretty darn chilly here today.  I'm ready for it to warm up a little.  Until next time.....happy stamping!


4 comments:

  1. OMG....I taught that Class, "Brilliance Resist"!
    Amazing that you still have a sample!

    Happy Day,
    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder....I couldn't remember who taught the class. Oh yes, I made a few card fronts and dig 'em out later to finish them. Thanks for a great class!

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the use of the liquid pearls outlining the tulips! Great background too. Sorry about your stamp club, as it is always nice to stamp with friends. I invite my sisters kids over for tea and stamp days and they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's fun to do something new with something old. Ooooooo....your lucky sisters and kids who get to come to your house for tea and stamping! :o)

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...