Thursday, August 29, 2013

Black and Red

Hi Blog Friends!

Are you ready for the Labor Day weekend?  I guess this will be the last holiday before the weather gets cold and we can't do our outside fun activities.  Here in Santa Fe, NM, the smell of Fall is in the air.  The mornings are cooler, but our days have been pretty warm.  

Today's card is stamped with a cling mounted stamp I bought at one of the stamp conventions.  I failed to write on the stamp who makes the stamp.  If any of you out there in stampland know who makes this one, please share the into.

I used a Spellbinder's lattice die for the background.  Really like this die.  I was worried that it would take forever to punch out the little diamond shapes, but they fell out like butter.  Yay!  No coloring on this card, so it was pretty easy.  Added some ribbon I bought at a yarn store in Albuquerque.  Yep, a yarn store.  It's beautiful ribbon with tiny threads of gold running thru it.  I'm sure knitters love it.  I wish hubby had taken a closeup of the ribbon, it truly is pretty, and unlike anything you'll find in a craft store.  





That's it for today.  I hope you all have a fun, restful and safe Labor Day weekend!  



4 comments:

  1. Lovely; would make a great anniversary card! I agree, the ribbon is fabulous! Can you tell me the size of that lattice die? I was looking at a similar one from Papertrey ink.

    Happy Day,
    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry for the late response, we just got back from the mountains. The die is Spellbinder's "Fancy Lattice" S5-152, and it measures approximately 6-1/4" x 4-1/4".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I don't have any of those "full page" type dies but I will be adding some soon!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an easy die to use...and the little pieces fell right out. I was wondering if they'd stick, but they didn't.

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...