Friday, August 16, 2013

A House Mouse/Bunny Get Well card for Pat


Hi Bloggers!

Our son, Pat, had to have emergency torn retina surgery last Saturday.  He's going bonkers trying to be still during the healing process.  Did you know after retina surgery, you must keep your head down (so that pressure is not put on the retina, I think), for 10 days?  They got Pat a massage chair so that he can keep his head in the head rest looking down.  He's listened to a number of audio books, watched movies on his iPad, and has been really good about keeping his head down.  The chair has a tray below the head rest where he can put his iPad on it and use it that way.  He's a pretty active guy, so it's been really difficult for him to be so idle.  We're just praying that his eye heals and that he regains vision in that eye.  

So....I tried to find a get well type stamp relating to an eye, but alas, no such luck.  I did find stamp where the bunny is close to checking an eye, so used it.  lol   Actually, I think Dr. Bunny is checking tonsils.  Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?   Colored it up with Copics, used some teeny brads, and got it done.   









I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Summer is slowing coming to an end, and before we know it, the snowflakes will be flying.  I don't want that to come too soon tho!  Enjoy the warm days we have left.  Thanks for stopping by today.  See you again soon.


2 comments:

  1. I love the Housemouse stamps....don't use them often enough. Thanks for the Inspiration !!!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Honey! I too like House Mouse, and I have a few stamps that have never seen ink, so figured it was time to use them. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...