Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Sympathy Card

Hello Blog Friends,

Today's post is a sympathy card I made for a friend who's dad passed.  I love this tree stamp, and thought it would make a nice sympathy card.  I keep a box of what I have labeled "card parts"....I'm sure all you stampers out there have a similar box.  Actually made this piece a while back.  The technique is called "soot" stamping.  I used scrapbook paper for the background, ivory card stock behind the tree, and gold thread and a gold leaf brad to finish it off.





On the inside of the card, I made a little frame and added a tiny strip of the scrapbook paper to it to dress it up a bit.  The sentiment is a PSX stamp.  




Oh.....wanted to remind you all that you can "click" on any of the pictures to enlarge them.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...