Monday, August 11, 2014

The Greatest Journey card




Hi Friends!

I've been MIA for awhile.  Lots going on, I have some bad back issues, so have been going to physical therapy.  This getting old is for the birds!  lol

Anyway, I'm back today with a card to share.  I stamped the background words with a Kaliedacolor ink pad.  Stamped the bicycle with chocolate ink on to kraft card stock, then did some fussy cutting.  I had a tiny suitcase stamp, so stamped that and cut it out.  The sentiment is stamped on ivory card stock and then I used a Spellbinder's die to cut it out, and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.  Layered with blacks and terra cotta card stock.  There are little gemstones in the middle of the bike tires.  Stamped on a few "dots" with an off brand dot stamp I had.  The black map-looking paper has a copper foil design on it.  Wish it showed up better in the photo.  By the way, the sentiment reads, "The greatest journey is the one that brings you home."  Love that saying.  ;o)




That's it for today.  I'll be back soon with another card.  Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Well I sure hope you're feeling lots better now. You're right, getting old is for the birds. LOL I blew your card up cause I wanted to see all those colors in the background. Love the rainbow effect. Fantastic sentiment for sure. Sending big hugs and prayers winging your way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, thanks for stopping by to visit. The card was an ATC - I belong to an ATC group. When I have an extra ATC, it goes on to a card. ;o) You have a wonderful weekend....heading to your blog now. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...