Monday, August 25, 2014

ATC Newspaper Challenge

Hi Friends!

I've named this a challenge, because for me, using newspaper on this card was definitely a challenge.  Oh dear Hannah.....you sure picked a hard theme.  After I threw out a couple of cards, I finally decided on a basket filled with newspaper bits and pieces.  It came together and I was happy with the end result.  I stamped the basket, cut it out and distressed the edges.  Each card was different (each basket had a different theme of newspaper bits and pieces), and I used coordinating newspaper pieces to make it work.  I punched tiny leaves and distressed the edges, and used glitter glue on the gold leaf.  Added a button and twine to finish it off.  Don't know if many of you have done a swap or challenge using newspaper, but if you haven 't, give it whirl.  I'd love to hear about your challenge, and see what you come up with.





Closeup of newspapers used in basket


Thanks so much for visitng today, and a big "WELCOME"  to my NEW followers.  And a special thanks too, for leaving a comment.....they are sooooo appreciated.  Now I feel like I'm not talking to myself!  lol  Thanks for signing up to follow my blog.  :o)    I'll be back soon with something new.  Until next time....


4 comments:

  1. Well you sure came up with a fun way to incorporate that newspaper. Love the kitty peeping out. LOL Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. I sure was glad when I finally came up with a plan for the "newspaper" we were supposed to use. Thanks for visiting. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. I was lucky to receive one of these ATCs. My basket of newspaper had the theme of ART.
    So much attention to teeny, tiny details. Thanks Geri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chanda, I wish I'd have taken a picture of your basket, but I forgot to do that. Maybe you can take one with your new cell and send it to me? lol Thanks for visiting. Hugs, Geri

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...