Friday, August 15, 2014

It's Rooster Time


Hi Friends!

I know roosters are really popular with lots of folks.  I was going thru my box of stencils and came across this proud guy.  I bought him at one of the Albuquerque stamp conventions.  Had not yet used him, so thought I'd make a card.  I used several colors of Ranger Distress inks on him.  I'm happy with the end result.  Layered the image on to yellow paper with tiny hearts, then embossed a piece of teal card stock for the base.  Added a few brads in the corners, some twine to finish it off.

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.  Everything in Santa Fe is sooooo green....including the weeds of course.  lol   Love it.  We've had more rain this month than we had all last year.  It's wonderful.  ;o)









Thanks for stopping by to visit today.  I'll be back with another new card soon.  Take care and happy stamping!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Liane....thanks for your comments. Not sure why it didn't show up on the blog, but I wanted to say "thanks" anyway. That's cool that you collect roosters! They sure are colorful things. When we were in Hawaii, there were roosters all over the island of Kaui....and their colors were so beautiful in the sun. Loved looking at them. Thanks for visiting today! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this guy would be sooo at home in my kitchen. I'm a rooster fanatic. My poor hubby just sighs and rolls his eyes every time I bring a new one home. LOL I love the rainbow of colors Geri. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another rooster lover! Wow....I never knew so many friends liked roosters! Thanks for visiting. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  3. Just saw this post and wanted to say I really like what you did with this stencil. I also have many stencils that occupy space but have never been used! This inspires me.
    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I think you bought the same stencil at convention the day I bought this one...yes? I never knew so many of my friends liked roosters! Thanks for visiting and have a great day! Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  4. I'm not especially a rooster fan, but I love this quirky, stylized guy. Really cute. Beautiful colors. Your posts always send me off to Google to see if I can figure out who makes your stamps/stencils/etc. lol. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darla, actually....this is a rooster "stencil" I used. I bought it at stamp convention. I don't think it's a Dreamweaver, but I could be wrong. Okay, now there are two things I need to figure out for you. I will remember when I come across the rooster again to check for a manufacturer name. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...