Thursday, July 24, 2014

My Favorite Hollyhocks

Hello Friends!

The title today might be a little deceiving.  I'm trying to say that hollyhocks are one of my favorite flowers, not that this per se is my very favorite stamp of all time.  There are probably hundred of hollyhock stamps out there, but  when I saw this one, I definitely knew I wanted to order it.  The thing is, it's HUGE!  The stamp is by Stampendous, and is one of their jumbo stamps.  Fun to color, but it takes just a bit longer to color because of its size.  Nonetheless, it's a good rendition of the hollyhock.  I used Copics for coloring and dotted the centers with Stickles.  The gold trim on the left side, I got at the last stamp convention.  Love the delicate gold braiding.







Here's the card with the "happy birthday" added.

Have a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by to visit today.  Until next time, happy stamping!




4 comments:

  1. Very nice card. The Hollyhocks look like they are coming right out of the page. I love the Hollyhocks too. Very special treat to see them blooming around town. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than ks, Lydia. We just got home so am getting to email. The hollyhocks in Santa Fe this year were spectaular...probably because we finally got some much needed rain! Thanks for stopping by to visit. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. Very classy and lovely coloring Geri. I like those too. Hydrangeas are my fave. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tracy. I just love hollyhocks, and this year in Santa Fe, I saw so many new colors I hadn't seen before.....wish I could stop and take some of the seeds. lol Thanks for visiting. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...