Monday, June 2, 2014

DH's (dear hubby's) Birthday Card

Hi Friends,

Today's post is DH's (dear hubby's) birthday card.  Since I'd been sick, I hadn't made any cards for about 3-4 weeks.  I turned around one day, looked at the calendar, and said "eeeeeek!"  I realized I hadn't made him a card and his birthday was the next day.  I went to my stamps and saw the Tim Holtz cupcake that had not yet seen ink, so grabbed it.  I remembered seeing a card that Marcie Lofgren made (thanks, Marcie), and I really like the chalk look on hers.  He loved his card.  He's pretty easy to please, so I'm a very lucky girl.  lol

The background is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  I've thrown away most of my packaging, and no name on the folder.  It's a bunch of different letters that are different sizes.  I stamped the cupcake image with Versamark and used Stamp A Mania's White Glacier embossing powder.  It's perfect for the chalk look.  Added a lime green background to the black card stock, four gold brads in the corners. Colored the cupcake with Copics, and added a bit of Stickles to the flame.  DH doesn't mind a little bit of bling!   :o)    There was a closeup pic of the card, but it's blurry, and DH isn't here to retake the pic.  But....you can click on the card for a bigger picture.





Thanks for stopping by to visit today.  Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. Love DH's card. Just finished one for my cousin in red, white and blue since his birthday is Flag Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooooo.....that sounds perfect for a birthday on Flag Day! He's going to love it. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Geri

      Delete
  2. I love it and can see why your DH did too! Fun background and it really pops the the cupcake. That is one of my favorites as I love to color them and paper piece the cupcake liner etc. Hope you are all better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Winnie, getting much better every day... thank you! It was a fun image to color and work with, and surprisingly, I was able to make a card pretty quickly. Thanks for stopping by. Are you back from your retreat? Hugs, Geri

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...