Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Father's Day!


Hi Friends!

It's Father's Day, so I'm sharing a couple of cards I made for DH and our son, Pat.  I was short on time, so decided to make two cards using the same stamps with different papers.  The airplane and sentiment are by Tim Holtz.  I'd been wanting to use the plane, so finally got to use it for Father's Day cards.  Colored the plane with Copics.  I had a tablet of paper called Travel, so picked out a couple of background papers.  Both DH and our son love traveling, so the papers are perfect.  The base card is kraft colored.  I cut the yellow (it looks more goldish in the pic) out of some really pretty metallic paper.  The blue circle on the bottom card is also metallic paper, although it doesn't show up in the photo.  Stamped the sentiment, die cut it with a Spellbinder's die, and distressed the edges.  Added a couple of brads, a small banner behind the sentiment, and all done.  Wishing all your dad's a Happy Father's Day!




                                       






Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Until next time, happy stamping!


6 comments:

  1. great card Geri....love that plane !!!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liane. First time I used the plane. I like it too! Happy Father's Day to Steve! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun cards for your hubby and son! I don't have that set, and love what you did with it! Very cool and perfect for the men in your life! Hope you enjoy the day with them. My sister went up to visit my dad for the day. Hoping to get up there in a few weeks. Next weekend we will be visiting Alan's dad. He was sick this week. Alan sees him a few times a week as he is local. Enjoy the rest of the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Winnie. I was stressing over getting two cards done in a very short time, but the airplane made it easy. The sentiment is perfect with the plane too. They guys really liked their cards. Have a good trip next week to visit your hubby's dad...safe travel. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome masculine cards Geri. The plans are fun especially with the travel paper. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. The cards were fun to make and the guys loved them. Glad to see you back today! Hugs, Geri

      Delete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...