Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Last Two Africa Trades - by Lydia and MaryAnn

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Today I'm sharing the last two Africa trades.  The Zebra is by Lydia Carroll.  I don't know who makes the stamps, but they were perfect for her Africa ATC.  You can't see in the pic, but the Zebra is embossed with a sparkly embossing powder.  Not too sparkly, very subtle, but gives it a nice sheen.  The background is kraft card stock and then Lydia put a bunch of tiny green dots on it.  What's really cool is she made the paper that the word Africa is stamped on look like leather.  It looks like she might have used a couple of different distress inks on it.  Whatever she did, it looks great!  The edges are distressed and then she stamped some greenery behind and in front of the Zebra and colored it with markers.  Wonderful ATC, Lydia!

                                             Lydia's ATC


~   ~    *   ~   ~   *   ~   ~   *   ~   ~   *   ~   ~

MaryAnn Somers made her trade a regular size card (5 x 7).  I love the elephant and tree stamp.  Sorry, don't know who makes the stamp.  It looks like MaryAnn used a Kaleidacolor ink pad for the elephant scene and for the African woman as well.  The colors are great on this card.  She cut out the woman and used foam dots to attach her to the card.  There's a couple of card stock layers under the elephant image and a green embellishment in the upper left-hand corner.  Really nice card, MaryAnn!

                                         MaryAnn's card


3 comments:

  1. What talented ladies! Love both of the cards. Fun theme and how two ladies came up with very different looks. I haven't tried a kalidecolor stamp pad before, what a great look using it! Thanks for the kind visits today! I am off to pack to head to CREATE in OH. I know that a bunch of people will be teaching, but I am very very excited to finally take a Tim Holtz class after all these years. Jennifer McGuire is teaching the first class and I really like her as well. I will be quiet on line for a few days but will visit when I return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Winnie! Oh my....I'm jealous! Tim was in Roswelll NM to teach a class a couple of years ago. I hear it filled up quickly. I know you're going to have so much fun, and I can't wait to see what you post when you return from your trip. Safe travel, and have a blast! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Brake For Stamps has this stamp on their website :-) Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...