Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Stampendous Owl


Hi there,

Today's post is an owl image by Stampendous.  Colored it with Copic markers.  I wanted to use a piece behind the owl that looked like leather.  So, I embossed a piece of brown card stock with one of my cuttlebug emblossing folders, then lightly brushed the raised part of the embossing with a distress pad.  I was aiming for a masculine looking card, and was happy with the outcome.  I think the background really looks like leather.  ;o)   

I've been on a roller coaster with this virus I caught.  One day good, two/three days down again.  Good grief.....I'll be sooooo happy to be done with this crud!  I hope you all are having a good week!  Tomorrow is hubby's BD, and I haven't made a a card for him yet.  Better get on it today.  I'll be back with a card before too long.







Closeup of the "leather" look I was trying to achieve.


Thanks for stopping by for a visit today.  Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I think you achieved a great "leather" look Geri. It looks nice behind the owl. Great job! I sure hope you're feeling lots better. Take care. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tracy. Thanks for stopping by. I'm feeling better today. Yippppeee! Still have cough, but it's getting better every day. Happy Memorial Day weekend! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...