Friday, May 3, 2013

A Little Fairy Canvas Art

Hi Blog Friends,

Wow, where did April go?  I can't believe it's May, but I'm really happy to see all the little green leaves popping out on trees in Santa Fe.  I love spring.  I can do without the wind tho, and we've had plenty of that.  It's supposed to be windy Saturday and Sunday, so I'm not looking forward to that.  I do wish we'd get some rain.  We need it so badly.  

Today I'm sharing a project made with a little stretched canvas.  I must confess, it had a picture of some kind of fruit on it, until I covered it with Gesso.  I saw the canvas on sale and thought "I bet I can cover that up and do something with it."  Stretched canvas is expensive, (especially wrapped canvas like this one) and since this was an experiment of sorts, I thought why not try it.  I have to give some of the credit to our group Technique Master, Lydia Carrell.  She's taught a canvas class, and I was able to glean some of her ideas with this miniature canvas.  This canvas is small.  It measures 5" x 5".  It took 2 good coats of Gesso to cover the picture.  Not bad.  After the Gesso dried, I painted the background with gold metallic paint.  Then I tore a piece of old sheet music and distressed it a bit.  I used gel medium to adhere the sheet music to the canvas. I stamped, colored and cut out the corset fairy.  On her wings, I used Stickles for a little bling.  The gears are die cuts from a Spellbinder's die.  The distressed butterfly is a chipboard embellishment that I painted and sprayed with metallic mist.  I used mini round gems on the gears and a couple of tiny pearls on the butterfly.  The fairy is colored with Spectrum Noir's and Copics.  











Well, that's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you all have a really good weekend!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...