Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Bridesmaids' Luncheon Invitation -- For Sarah Wistner

Happy Weekend Blog Friends!

The winds have finally started dying down, and I am happy.  Allergies are calming down as well.  Today's posting has lots of pictures.  I was asked to design an invitation for a Bridesmaids' Luncheon for a friends daughter in Texas.  I was honored to be asked.  Sarah and Ben will be getting married on May 4.  I know the wedding is going to be beautiful.  We are invited to the wedding, but sadly, will not be able to attend.  I'd give anything if we could be there.  The wedding invitation we received was beautiful.  We can only image what Kathy and Granger have planned for their daughter's wedding day.  :o)   One of Sarah's colors is pacific blue, so I used that color on the background for the luncheon invitation.

The waistband on the dress is embossed, and tiny pearls have were added to the top of the dress and the bottom of the skirt (fourth picture).  The invitation is 5" x 7".  The wording on the invitation is done with a Spellbinder's die.  Nicia asked if I would also make the place cards for the guests.  I came up with the idea of making a tiny bridal veil for the place cards.  That is the picture at the very bottom.  I was so happy that I had that teeny flower punch.  I'll tell you, I got lots of use out of my tweezers!  Placing teeny tiny pearls on the dress and the veil, I used my tweezers a lot.  I tried to show different angles on the dress so that you can see the pearls.  I hope you can see the tiny pearls at the bottom of the skirt.


















That's it for today.  I hope you enjoy the pictures today.....

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL !!!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liane, and also thanks for all your help with the info you sent me. You were sooooo helpful, and I really do appreciate it! :o)

      Delete
  2. So lovely, I'll bet they loved them! Who makes the dress die?

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...