Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"Ready for Christmas"










Hello Blog Friends!  The card I'm sharing today is a stamp called "Ready for Christmas" by guess who?  You guessed it!  Stamp A Mania (SAM), and it's MR305-J.  I did this card about a year ago, and fell in love with the little luminarias (we call them faralitos in Santa Fe) so the Ready for Christmas stamp was perfect to use with them.  One of my other favorite stamps is the Christmas Tree lg, JD4300-K, because it can be used as pine branches to frame scenes.  I used it on yesterday's card.  Today, you're looking at the entire tree!  Then once again, I stamped, colored (Copics), and cut out all the little luminaria/faralitos.  They truly represent a New Mexico Christmas.  We had a progressive dinner in our neighborhood last Saturday, and Sara, the young woman who organized the event, surprised us all by placing faralitos up and down our street.  They were lit by Brian, Sara's hubby.  What a neat surprise to walk from house to house with all the little bags and candles lightening our way.  The evening was wonderful.  Good food, fun and friendship. Thanks a million, Sara & Brian!  Oh, before I forget, I used a hole punch to make the ornaments for the Christmas tree.  Thanks for dropping in today!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Geri, love the faralitos...they make New Mexico traditions special !!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...