Saturday, December 22, 2012









Hello Blog Friends.  Well, just another two short days before Christmas.  We're still scurrying around trying to get lots done.  It doesn't do any good at the end of every holiday to swear that next year we'll get started sooner.  It just ain't gonna happen.  lol  Oh well, as usual, it'll all get done and come together as happens every year.

Today I'm sharing a card I made at the Guadalupe Stamp store when Stamp A Mania was teaching classes the weekend of December 7-8.  As Mark calls it....."The Dreaded Brayering Technique" (it's a joke between us because I dread doing  brayering demos at convention for them).  Actually, I'm getting much better at it, and I told Cynthia I was going to conquer brayering if it killed me.  My DH demoed brayering at the last convention because I was sick with the flu.  He loves to brayer....can you believe that!!!  Well, here's a card using a Kaliedacolor ink pad....brayered!  Cynthia is a wonderful teacher, and it helped listening to her step-by-step instructions and tips.  Thanks, Cynthia!  The stamps used:  Castle Rock SF 6517-J, Yucca Cluster Lg. JD-1201-J, and Happy Birthday Script MH7146-F.  The Happy Brithday was stamped with Brilliance Starlite Silver BD-000-093.  It's really cool the way the Brilliance ink shimmers on the Kaleidacolor brayering.  The Yucca Cluster was stamped with Brilliance Coffee Bean.  Sorry, the angle on the picture doesn't show the rich brown color.  It appears much lighter than it really is on the card.  I used Liquid Pearls on the yucca flowers.   I'll be be back with one more card before Christmas.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. And I was the lucky recipient of this wonderful card for my Birthday....THANK YOU so much !!!!!!
    Keep warm friend and Happy Holidays !!!!
    Liane :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...