Thursday, October 27, 2016

HAPPY SPOOKY HALLOWEEN!



Happy Halloween!

Just a few more days till the spooky event.  Today's image is by Tim Holtz, and it can also be used for Dia De Los Muertos cards.  I took the stamped images with me to Arizona, and colored them there.  Got cards made when we returned home.

I colored the image with Copic markers.  The die cut web in the upper left-hand corner is by Cheery Lynn.  DH and I were invited to visit the factory while we were in AZ, and the owner gave us the grand tour of the Cheery Lynn Factory.  It was amazing, and I found out that they also make all the dies for Memory Box, Poppy Stamp dies, My Favorite Things, Lawn Fawn, and more.  Nice to know that so many dies (although not all), are made in the USA.  So interesting to see the entire process.  I always thought the name of the company was Cherry Lynn....like Bing cherries.  LOL  It's Cheery Lynn.  They make some really nice dies.

Back to the card, the upper right-hand web and dangling spider are stamps from my Halloween stash.  I used a silver gel pen on the ornament on her forehead (it did not photograph well, but it's very shimmery), then I added three sequins around the flowers.  Distressd the edges on the first card with Antique Paper ink.  Lastly added the spiderweb background paper, and a red gemstone on the black widow spider's back. Spooky! 







Here's a second version with a turquoise heart instead of the red.  Also, on this one, I did not distress the edges.  I like the distressed look best.


The inside of the card reads:  
Have a Frightfully Delightful Halloween!


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a fun Halloween and watch out for the little goblins!
Hugs, Geri



2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Wouldn't want to run into this lady in the dark. LOL Love the jewel on the spider Geri. These are spooktacular! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no....she's too spooky to meet in the dark! lol Thanks for stopping by. She was a fun one to color and play with. Skeletons are big here. Hope you had a fun Halloween and saw lots of little goblins. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...