Thursday, July 9, 2015

June ATC for Stamp Club -- Topic: Fabric





Happy Weekend!

Today's post is one that was a little bit of challenge.  Our stamp club members suggest topics for the year, throw them into a hat (so to speak), and Ms. Marcie picks 12 topics.  The topic for the June ATC (artist trading card - for those of you who aren't familiar with the term ATC), was "fabric."  Yeowza!   ATC's are little pieces of art measuring 2.5" x 3.5"   

Fabric definitely put my old brain to the test.  But, as luck would have it....and I was indeed lucky, I found a box that happened to have fabric in it with all kinds of bottles of hot sauce printed on the fabric.  There were several patterns, this just happens to be the one hubby took a picture of, so I'm posting it.  Don't you just love that gold tooth?  lol

I stamped the background with the stamp that says "Got Chile?", then distressed the edges.  Cut out the individual bottle of hot sauce and glued it down.  This bottle was too big for the ATC card, so needed to trim the cap off.  Then I stamped the Chili Ristra by Stamp A Mania Rubber Stamp Co., on red card stock, added the tiny natural twine bow to the top, then finished it off by adding some glitter to the chili peppers.  

The bottom of the pic looks really dark because the ATC is sitting on a flower frog.  Didn't have time to crop it.



Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day!  Until next time....

Supplies:
Printed hot sauce fabric
Ranger Vintage Photo distress ink
Chili Ristra stamp by Stamp a Mania (SAM) -www.stampamania.com
    by the way, this is SAM's smallest chili ristra
Red Stickles glitter glue
Natural twine

4 comments:

  1. Love this Geri, great fabric nice composition of the ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan. I was lucky to have found that fabric stashed in a box. Lots of cute bottles of hot sauce on the fabric, so everyone got a different design. Maybe I'll make more some day. Thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Isn't he a fun character. He may just have had a bit too much hot sauce. Great way to incorporate the fabric Geri. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...yes, he definitely made me laugh when I found the fabric. Always good to have a little fun with stamping! Have a great weekend, my friend. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...