Saturday, June 13, 2015

Happy 30th Anniversary!



Hi Friends!

Today's card is one I made for my Sweetie for our 30th anniversary.  We both love birds, so thought this would fit the bill.  I used a woodgrain embossing folder, and brushed it with distress ink.  I used a Spellbinder's die to cut out the heart in the middle of the card.  Next, I layered the birds and branch.  The bird is a SU punch.  The little branch is a Sizzix die.  I colored the birds with distress inks.  The tiny hearts were punched out with a Martha Stewart punch.  Of course, I got to the anniversary "year" and didn't have the right size numbers.  Luckily, I found a stamp set with numbers at the very last minute, after a quick trip to the store.  Whew....

So my computer is acting up today and deciding to capitalize whatever words it wants to, so please ignore the capitalizations.  My Mac has a mind of it's own today and I'm tired of trying to fix it.  Argh.......    

I hope you enjoy today's card.  Our anniversary was in February, but just got around to ask hubby to take pics of a few cards today. This was one of them.







Close-up of birds and branch.

Thanks for stopping in today.  Have a good week.  Until next time...


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. We had a nest of baby robins (we just love robins) this spring....5 babies! Sadly, one fell out of the nest too early, but the other 4 made it just fine. Amazing how they can build a nest big enough for all those babies. Love birdies. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Geri xo

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I really wanted to make a special card for our 30th. He loved it. He put it on his dresser so he can look at it every day....his idea. :o) Hope to see you this week! Hugs, Geri xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love the little gold accents. We'll celebrate our 30th in December. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tracy. Oh wow...that's cool that you and hubby will also be celebrating your 30th this year! Can't wait to see what you come up with for his card. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Geri xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geri this card is so sweet. Thank you for sharing. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lydia. I really had fun making this one. Good seeing you last week. Thanks for stopping by the blog.....appreciate your visit and comment. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...