Friday, June 5, 2015

Coloring with Markers on Rubber


Happy weekend friends!

Today's card is one that I colored with Marvy Markers directly onto rubber.  I really like the way it turned out.  Do you remember when coloring onto rubber was the rage?  I keep my markers in a big Tupperware (the real Tupperware, not Rubbermaid), because they truly are "air-tight."  It has worked for me and my markers are still like brand new.  It's good to dig out the old supplies and use them once in awhile.  :o)  I like using the rectangle pieces of Tupperware for marker storage, and have several pieces specifically for that use.  Works great!

I added an Asian symbol at the bottom for some interest, and the heart in the background as well.  Backed the image with green and metallic gold patterned paper, then another metallic gold sheet, then the purple. 







I hope you're all having a good weekend....we're waiting for some rain this afternoon.  
The weeds will love it.  lol   Until next time....

8 comments:

  1. I just tried to enter a comment but it "went away" !! I'll try again..............I really like this card, it's very unique and I love the way you put the heart "behind" the flower. Nice!! Chanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it! Thank you.....I made a few cards like this, and they're so easy....have you done the markers onto rubber lately? Fast and fun. No card turn out the same. lol Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment. I appreciate it. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps..I was just checking something on the blog and you popped up! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oopsie...typo....that was supposed to be "No card turns... not turn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never really did that style of stamping. I kind of went straight to being a Copic fanatic. LOL. You achieved a wonderful look on your card. Hope all is well with you and yours. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you should try it! It's sooooo easy and fast! Of course, if you don't already have markers, I'd stick to Copics. They're my fave too. Hope you're having a great Sunday, my friend. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Direct to Rubber" technique used to be one of my favorites but I haven't done it in so very long. Thanks for the reminder on how wonderful it turns out; soft watercolor effect!! Really lovely card Geri!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, MaryAnn, yes, it's an oldie, but goodie.....and fast too! I'm glad you remembered the technique. Do you still have markers that work? I'll tell you, the Tupperware works! My makers are 15+ years old and still very wet. I need to make more of these cards. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Geri xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...