Saturday, May 2, 2015

Why I named my blog "Piper's Paper Wings"



Hi Blog Friends,

I've been asked several times over the past couple of years (and a few just lately) why or how I came up with the name for my blog, so I thought I'd tell you the story....

        "Piper's Paper Wings"

About four years ago, we lost our sweet Welsh Terrier, Piper.  About the same time, I'd been thinking about starting a blog.  When I was trying to come up with a name for the blog, I said to hubby that I would like the blog name to include Piper's name.  After a lot of thinking, scribbling and tossing names back and forth between the two of us, "Piper's Paper Wings" won.  We rescued Piper from a family in Texas, who could no longer take care of her.

Here's a couple of my favorite photos of Piper....






This is my absolute favorite photo of our girl.  It was the first time she'd ever seen snow!  She really loved playing in the snow.


We have a new fur baby now.  Well, maybe not so new...... she's now 3 years old.  Her name is Zoe Blue.  I'll post some pics of her one of these days.  
Thanks for stopping by today, and taking the time to read about Piper's Paper Wings.  xo




2 comments:

  1. Hi Geri,

    Like the new look of your blog page, but especially like the explanation of the Piper's Paper Wings name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there! What a nice surprise to see you comment on my blog. Thanks so much. Yes, I've had a few inquiries lately, so thought I should post and let folks know how the name came to be. Of course, I also had to post pics of Piper. It's funny, some people have asked if Piper is my middle or first name. I like the name Piper, but it belonged to our fur baby. :o) Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy to see you here. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete

Hello again! A "long" get well card

HELLO BLOG FRIENDS! It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  You know how life gets in the way of things, and we have cer...